Re: Cobalt RestoreCD/RestoreUSB based on NetBSD 5.1.2

On 11/02/2012 17:20, Mike Hebel wrote:
On 02/11/2012 10:24 AM, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
On 11/02/2012 15:05, Mike Hebel wrote:
Sweet!  And just in time for me to reload my Qube2 so it runs Simh a
little cleaner.  (I'm running a virtual vax on it right.  Weirdness with
the Simh networking but otherwise it's fine.)  Needs more ram though.

cool, I wanted to do this but assumed it the qube2 couldn't take it as
it cause 100% CPU utilisation on my core2 macbook pro emulating a vax
with bsd 4.3.
Setting the idle detection on didnt help.

It hits at least 80% most of the time.  Didn't say it was fast just that
it worked. :-)

More ram will likely help it respond quicker but probably not help the
CPU problem.  One thing I've been trying to deal with though is I get
DUP packets on the PCI network card I've dedicated to simh.  The system
is an old NetBSD 4.0 box with a custom kernel so I'm hoping that it's
just an issue with building simh using old libraries or something.

Just seen this on the simh mailing list regarding idle detection on FreeBSD, might be of some use for NetBSD

http://mailman.trailing-edge.com/pipermail/simh/2012-May/006924.html

Sevan / Venture37