Re: Intel Pro/1000 in a Qube2 observations

> 2)  If I read a large file from the Qube2 with the checksums disabled
> I can get 4.5Mb/s sustained.  If I enable the checksums I get 5.9Mb/s
> sustained (so worth enabling)

Yes.

 :
>               resvport locallocks rsize=32768 wsize=32768 intr noatime

Probably 32KB UDP is too large for cobalt to serve?
UDP NFS uses large and fragmented packets, and hwcksum won't help
sums of fragmented packets. TCP 8KB might be better.

> 4)  CLI responsiveness is far more sluggish when the hardware
> checksums are enabled than when they are disabled ...
> which doesn't really make sense either ?!

Probably some UDP errors on heavy traffic?
You can see network statistics by "netstat -s" command.

---
Izumi Tsutsui