Re: Intel Pro 1000 in a Qube2 .. unknown PHY ?

> Is there a central bit of documentation that lists all of what
> you need to add to a kernel config file to get drivers working ?

Well we always have less man power for up-to-date docs...
("may the sources be with you" :-)

Of course any documentation patches (via send-pr etc) are appreciated.

> (sort of "if you have hardware xxxx then add yyyy to the config file" ?)

Combinations of MAC controllers/PHY chips are quite independent
so no trivial way to maintain a list of existing boards.

The simplest way is to put all supported mii devices
(probably you can see it in arch/i386/conf/ALL or dev/mii/files.mii)
into a config file and see which one is matched.
(though other unused drivers simply waste RAMs)

ukphy(4) might work as a generic one if there is no chip
specific PHY drivers.

---
Izumi Tsutsui