Port-cobalt archive

Re: Replacement disk for RaQ 2

> Where can I get a copy of that restore cd with support for LBA48, I just got
> my Addonics SATA/IDE bridge and I want to test it on my Qube2.

- NetBSD kernel itself already has LBA48 support so all existing
  restorecd can handle large disks.

- NetBSD/cobalt *bootloader* in 5.0.x and 5.1_RC2 (and forthcomming 5.1)
  don't have LBA48 support, but it's required only if installed kernel
  is put beyond >137GB boundary on the target disk, and I guess
  it's unlikely in most case.

- If bootloader from 5.1_RC2 restorecd in your disk fails to load
  your kernel, you can replace it with -current bootloader binary
  which has LBA48 support.
  The latest bootloader can be found in daily build:
  and you can replace it by using restorecd as a rescue disk if necessary.

If there is a popular demand for LBA48 capable bootloader,
I'll send a pullup request of it.
Izumi Tsutsui