Re: adding NIC to Qube2- performance better?

On Dec 3, 2008, at 5:21 PM 12/3/08, Brian McEwen wrote:

Hi all;

Would you expect that I could see better network performance from my Qube2 if I put a NIC in my lonely expansion slot?
If so, which chipset?

I have a USB card in there now, but I never use it.

I though I would be making use of the wonderful new install CDs, at least the latest 4.0, over the holidays-- but I had too many distractions.

Thanks for thoughts-

That's a very good question - would a gigbit card work well? I would think that the CPU and pci bus would be the bottleneck in this case but I honestly don't know.
--
Mike Hebel

In the end the journey only matters if you've helped someone along the way.