Re: Qube2 with release-5 hangs, wapbl problem?

acruhl%gmail.com@localhost wrote:

> The system becomes generally unresponsive. I can't issue commands. My
> VNC desktop is still visible over the network, I can type in a
> terminal but as soon as I execute a command that terminal is hung. I
> can't start a new one to issue more commands.
>
> I have a serial console, but I can't log in with it once the system is hung.
>
> I'm not hugely interested in debugging it at this point, but I can
> probably do it in the next few weeks or so. What should I do? Maybe
> set it to panic when I connect via the serial console or something?

- try the latest 5.0_BETA kernel from ftp.NetBSD.org://pub/NetBSD-daily/
- try to send BREAK via serial console at freeze (to get ddb(4) console)
- try a custom kernel with options DIAGNOSTIC or DEBUG
etc?

> My next step is to see if it's safe to remove the log option from the
> fstab and reboot. Then I'll see if it hangs again.

As far as I tried on i386, it's safe if the file system
was properly unmounted on the previous shutdown.
---
Izumi Tsutsui