Re: [SPAM] Re: Where is the host name?

> I've never used anything but /etc/myname to set the hostname.
>

> If you want to change it while it's booted obviously "hostname foobar" as
> root will do that.
>
> Paneld IIRC picks that up on boot. You're not running it as a dhcd client are
> you?

Oops. That would be it. My file server I used for the diskless install
set the hostname out of habit.

Still I would expect that the dhcpd host name option would have LOWEST
priority after /etc/rc.conf $hostname and /etc/myname. Disabling

        option host-name "wimp.snert.com";

in my dhcpd server made the difference, such that /etc/rc.conf $hostname
works as advertised.

Thanks for reminding me of something to check. I'm such a plonker.

--
Anthony C Howe        Twitter: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Skype: SirWumpus        BarricadeMX & Milters