Re: [SPAM] Re: Where is the host name?

On Oct 19, 2008, at 1:10 PM 10/19/08, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

achowe%snert.com@localhost wrote:

I tried

1.

cat <<EOT >/etc/myname
wimp.snert.com
EOT

rebooted... No change to paneld, login prompt, or hostname(1)

2.

cat <<EOT >>/etc/rc.conf
hostname='wimp.snert.com'
EOT

rebooted... No change to paneld, login prompt, or hostname(1)

Hmm, both work for me on my fresh installed 2700.

- What hostname(1) shows?  Nothing, or something else?
- Is there "Hostname: foo" line during startup?
- Did you change other files in /etc, like dhclient.conf?

I was also wondering if he failed to remove the dhclient=YES from / etc/rc.conf

Simple stuff first is my rule. Even if I put myself in the bitbucket regarding that rule sometimes. ;-)

--
Mike Hebel

MARS NEEDS CHOCOS! - Martian Manhunter