Booting up stuck on virecover

Hi There,

Got a raq2, I have no serial crossover cable where I am at the moment,
so no way to stop whatever virecover is doing, I left it before over
night to see if the process would shift but it didn't, and I'm really
not in the mood to start a fresh install just because of a stuck
service. To be honest, I *really* hate using VI, as it is far too
complicated for a text editor, personally I use Nano where at all
possible. Because this raq is still in the building process,
SSH/Telnet/Rlogin are all turned on, however, as the raq hasn't
finished booting I can't login, any suggestions on how to get this
system back because of this virecover unneeded service?

Kind Regards,

Richard Hamilton-Frost