Re: NetBSD Cobalt restore CD 4.99.72 on Qube 2700

nimitz%nimitzbrood.com@localhost wrote:

> A side note though - be damn careful when you build a new kernel to
> enable usb or something on the 2700.  Screw it up and you'll either
> be pulling the drive or re-loading the system again because there is
> no console.

Hmm.

I'll update restorecd scripts to put an emergency kernel
as /usr/games/.doug, which can be loaded by holding in all
four cursor buttons during powerup.

You could use it with the 4.99.72 20081008 restorecd:

1. get (patched) netbsd-INSTALL.gz
I've put it here:
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/cobalt/restore-cd/4.99.72/netbsd-INSTALL.gz

2. put it to the ext2fs partition on your cobalt
# mount /dev/wd0e /mnt
# mkdir /mnt/usr /mnt/usr/games
# cp netbsd-INSTALL.gz /mnt/usr/games/.doug

The INSTALL kernel lacks many features (IPv6 etc.) to shrink its size,
but telnet login on multiuser seems working with it.
---
Izumi Tsutsui