SoundBlaster Live! on Qube2 - Solved.

I finally got mp3s to play out of my Qube2 last night on a customized
NetBSD 4.0 kernel after jumping through a few hoops.

1) I had to obviously add this to the kernel config file:

audio*          at audiobus?

emuxki*         at pci? dev ? function ?        # SB Live EMU entry

(MPU and opl won't bind to the emuxki entry so I left them out.)

2) Then I had to add these lines to the majors.cobalt file:

device-major    audio           char 42                 audio
device-major    midi            char 58                 midi

3) Then I added this to MAKEDEV below the original audio line and then
specifically issue a ./MAKEDEV audio command:

audio*)
        unit=${i#audio}
        audio=audio$unit
        sound=sound$unit
        mixer=mixer$unit
        audioctl=audioctl$unit
        : ${unit:-0}
        mkdev $sound    c 42 $(($unit + 0))     666
        mkdev $audio    c 42 $(($unit + 128))   666
        mkdev $mixer    c 42 $(($unit + 16))    666
        mkdev $audioctl c 42 $(($unit + 192))   666
        ;;

All this adds up to mpg123 being able to play mp3s and mixerctl working
fine.  Still needs more testing for sound quality and so forth.  I'm going
to try loading apache and mpd on it to set it up as a local jukebox for
the stereo in the garage.
--
Mike Hebel

                -- Dr. Who