RE: CoLo supported with Netbsd ?

> Maybe you should ask if CoLo supports NetBSD, but
> I guess it's designed for Linux.
>
>> probably more to the point is it a worthwhile thing to try out and burn
>> to EPROM ?
>
> It depends on what useful features CoLo provides to NetBSD,
> but I don't think there is so much.

http://www.colonel-panic.org/cobalt-mips/

    *  Can boot kernels from old and new revision EXT2/3 partitions (currently
only primary partitions).
    * Can boot large kernels (only limited by available memory). The original
loader has problems with kernels over about 600KB compressed, a real problem
for 2.6.x kernels.
    * Can boot kernels over the network via TFTP or NFS and DHCP.
    * Can be loaded by the original Cobalt boot loader rather than replacing it.

I might try & use the alternative method (using cobalt bootloader to load colo)
to see if NetBSD spits its dummy.

Sevan / Venture37

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000002ukm/direct/01/