Subject: Re: /etc/paneld/
To: James Hartley <>
From: Robert P. Thille <>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/23/2007 11:22:52
James Hartley wrote:
> I would appreciate comments from anyone who has set up the LCD display
> as described in the following:
> ...especially those that have installed 4.0_BETA2.  Please identify
> which version of NetBSD is used in your replies.
> Thanks.

If you are trying to do what is described in that mail, you first have
to be running paneld, which burns a lot of cpu.  If you have the right
version of the OS and you have the /dev/lcd or /dev/panel0 device(s)
(lcd is a symlink to panel0 [36,0] on my RaQ2+ running 3.99.20), you can
just echo the right string into /dev/lcd.

Robert Thille                7575 Meadowlark Dr.; Sebastopol, CA 95472
Home: 707.824.9753    Office/VOIP: 707.780.1560     Cell: 707.217.7544    YIM:rthille
Cyclist, Mountain Biker, Freediver, Kayaker, Rock Climber, Hiker, Geek
May your spirit dive deep the blue, where the fish are many and large!