Port-cats archive

linux emulation

Hello. Do the arm ports of NetBSD 3.1 support Linux emulation? I'm interested in arm in general and cats in particular. Here's what I've gathered: 1. The man page for COMPAT_LINUX(8) says arm supports this. 2. http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-linux.html says GENERIC kernel enables this by default. 3. I tried a statically linked (so I won't have to worry about shared libraries yet) Hello World program compiled on Debian Etch, with this result: Exec format error. Wrong Architecture. 4. objdump and readelf both successfully dissect the file. objdump can even disassemble the file, and correctly identifies it as elf32-littlearm. 5. I am running this emulated under gxemul, installed with the images mentioned in: http://www.gavare.se/gxemul/gxemul-stable/doc/guestoses.html#netbsdcatsinsta ll I start the machine with: gxemul -XEcats -d nbsd_cats.img netbsd.aout-GENERIC.gz

Thank you in advance for any help/pointers you can provide me!
 - sam -