Port-cats archive

Re: Cyclone 0.6 and kernel boot

Dear Sirs,

>I believe that the 1.20 firmware does support loading linux kernels
>from the HD. It should be more generally available in the near future.

Great Thanks, just I've upgraded to firmware 1.20 and succeeded to
load uncapsuled zImage (without catsboot - of course I can load
catsboot-capsuled kernel too) from HDD and make it boot well.

However, still I could not figure out how to specify the
MSDOS-like partition and Cyclone firmware's searching mechanism.
In my case, my HDD is parted as:

    Name  Flags  Part Type  FS Type          [Label]        Size (MB)
    hdc1         Primary   NetBSD                             249.80
    hdc2         Primary   Linux swap                         260.12
    hdc3         Primary   Linux ext3                       19510.50

But,
        boot> load wd0a:boot/zImage

can load kernel from /dev/hdc3, and

        boot> load wd0b:boot/zImage