Port-bebox archive

BeBox memory configuration

Hi,

some days ago I got a 66MHz BeBox, which might allow me to do some
BeBox development in the future.

Just one question concerning the memory: I know that the SIMMs have
to be inserted in pairs, but are there any special restrictions for
the first two SIMM slots (labeled SIMM0/1)?

My BeBox only boots with 2x8M in SIMM0/1, but stays dead (blinken-
lights do not blink) when using 2x16M. I can install those 2x16M
chips in SIMM2/3 though, and they are recognized and working.

--
Frank Wille