Port-bebox archive

Re: 1.5.1_BETA ?

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 12:54:20PM -0700, Scott Lindsey wrote:
> Is the 1.5.1_BETA snapshot available anywhere?  The only snapshot I
> can find on ftp.netbsd.org is 1.3I (19981119).  I have that installed
> and running, but I'm trying to find the best way to upgrade to a
> current build.

Do you want 1.5.2 or -current (there is a significant difference,
since 1.5 was branched over a year ago...)?  If there's interest,
I'll generate a snapshot of one or the other.

> I have 1.5.2 source downloaded, but the process of upgrading in place
> is a bit daunting -- I can't even get "config GENERIC" to run
> correctly (probably need to upgrade config).

Exactly.  There are quite a few other "gotchas" in doing a source
upgrade--I've dealt with most of them on one platform or another...

-allen

--
 Allen Briggs                     briggs%wasabisystems.com@localhost
 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service