Port-bebox archive

Re: NetBSD/bebox 1.5?

On Thu 09 Nov 2000 at 10:38:16 +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> > video card (an S3 Trio64) was not reset from the Be logo to text mode,
> > so I had to use a serial console back when I tried some boot floppies.
> > Those seemed to work fine, though.
>
>       Did you submit a PR on this?

I don't think so. I communicated with some japanese guy (sorry, I forgot
his name) who was developing it at the time, and he made the serial
console boot floppies available. It is apparently very hard to reset gfx
cards from random settings back to default. ^*&^(* pc hardware. So much
for Be's touted "pc organ bank".

>                 David/absolute
>                              -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder    -- Ah only did well at school
\X/ land.nl       -- tae git intae an O level class tae git away fae Begbie.