Re: install image overflow

David Ross wrote:

> It's quite handy that the bootloader supports gzip'd kernels.
> I don't suppose there's support for compression at some level
> that could help us with sysinst as well?

It looks there some piece of code to support gunzip on loading
an install image:
 http://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/sys/arch/atari/dev/md_root.c?r=1.33#258
but adding more atari specfic infrastructure will increase
maintainance cost and it will cause other problems in near future.

To make life easier, it's better to add common "machine independent
ustarfs floppy" support. However we need several machine specific info
around bootstrap for the support.

Are there any documents which describe
- How TOS/BIOS ROM checks floppies on boot
- What will be required to boot from floopy

Or is there any easy way to build TOS binaries like "loadbsd",
to build a new TOS tools with ustarfs support?

---
Izumi Tsutsui