consinit() problem on -current

Hi,

Is there anyone who tried recent -current on atari (and amiga)?
I'm afraid -current kernels won't boot (hangs after bootloader).

atari (and amiga) historically uses config_console() in autoconf.c
to search and initialze console devices, and that function calls
autoconf(9) functions with pseudo struct device data etc.

But after the following change to sys/kern/subr_autoconf.c
http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/source-changes/2009/05/24/msg221624.html
now autoconf(9) functions require mutex(9) functions and
mutex(9) is not usable at the point where consinit() is called,
so config_console() and atari_config_found() (or amiga_config_cound())
silently fails. (because there is no working console)

A simple workaround is reverting the above subr_autoconf.c
change, but real fix is to rewrite console initialization
code not to use autoconf(9) functions but call functions
which probe and initialize devices directly.

NetBSD/x68k port (which was based on amiga and atari)
had the similar console_config() but it has been fixed recently:
http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/port-x68k/2008/12/31/msg000006.html
http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/source-changes/2009/01/17/msg215673.html

I guess we can put the similar fixes for atari (and amiga),
but I'm afraid that atari has various possible console devices
per machine types than x68k. (x68k has no variant, I guess)

Is there any summary which devices (especially video)
should be used/initialized as a console on each machine?

Furthermore, is there any users who can test kernels
on Hades and Milan?

Thanks,
---
Izumi Tsutsui