Re: netbsd-5 install from unmounted gemdos filesystem

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, David Ross wrote:

 Final question: Does prepare.fs.gz *do* anything that
 sysinst.fs.gz doesn't anymore? Disk partitioning / labelling
 / anything?

I booted it up once just to see what it did. It looked potentially useful for disk partitioning, maybe for some AHDI related scenarios (dual boot) or something like that. But sysinst does everything I need. IMO, it's definitely worth considering removing it at this point if nobody sees a need to keep it around.

        Hmm, sysinst covers dual boot setup on other ports, so that
        functionality should ideally be moved across. I think we'll
        leave it for now. Maybe once NetBSD 5 is out and you have some
        spare time you could try testing a dual boot install to see
        what we need to fix there? :)