Re: NetBSD/atari Xserver (Was: pushing netbsd-5)

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Julian Coleman wrote:

I think porting wscons should be the way to go.  We will need to teach it
to understand interleaved pixel layout to support the native resolutions.
Unaccelerated drivers for add-on cards should be easy with wscons though.
Accelerated drivers depend on support in X for the chipset.

        So, really all NetBSD ports should be building a wsfb
        driver, even when accelerated drivers are available for
        all supported hardware it can be a useful fallback for
        testing...

        Currently that appears to involve building in the XFree86
        servers, including netbsdPci.c, to get modules/drivers/wsfb_drv.so?

        Is that the way forward for other prts, or are we back to building
        port specific servers which happen to support wscons?