Re: bootloader issue

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Izumi Tsutsui
<tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:
> Tuomo wrote:
>
>> It looks that ST_POOL_SIZE=24 is pulled up to NetBSD-5 already:
>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2008/11/25/msg213344.html
>
> Ah, I missed that..
>
>> But we should also pullup disabled DMA for Falcon as well. It seems that both
>> changes should be pulled for NetBSD-4 too.
>>
>> I'm not sure if TT was affected by ST_POOL_SIZE set to 22, but I guess larger
>> value won't hurt.
>
> According to atari_init.c, ST_POOL_SIZE pages are reserved
> for pool at early stage during initialazation, so using
> a larger number would waste (limited?) memory.

I guess that pool exhausting should not be problem with Falcon if SCSI DMA is
not used... So I'm not sure how useful ST_POOL_SIZE tuning is for Falcon.

Anyway TT kernel is using DMA and it might be affected by ST_POOL_SIZE value.
I don't know if it's good safety measurement to leave it to 24 and pull changes
also to NetBSD-4. What do others think ?

-Tuomo