Re: bootloader issue

David Ross wrote:

> Ok, this works, I can boot!  The ATARI TT030 lives!!!

Yeah, great to hear. I've committed the fixes:
http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/source-changes/2009/01/06/msg214930.html

> Izumi, I can test the netbsd-4, netbsd-5, and HEAD builds when they are
> available on ftp.netbsd.org.  Let me know if you can predict when a
> particular daily build might appear and I'll look for it then.

For HEAD, the changes will appear on the next releng servers'
checkout at 20090107000[02]Z, so snapshot will be prepared in ~30 hours
after that, unless there are other build breakages at that time.
(See summary in http://releng.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/builds.cgi)

I'll send pullup requests for netbsd-4 and netbsd-5 tomorrow
(after minimum sanity checks). Snapshot on releng will refrect it
after the release engineering team handle them, so it will
take 3~7 days? (depends on releng's load)

> Don't forget
> boot.atari needs to get into base.tgz (not just sysinst).

Our build script will handle it properly ;-)

> Anyone know if there is a schedule somewhere online listing planned major
> release dates?

AFAIK there isn't an official schedule (yet?), but IMO 5.0 will
still take more than a month since it's still in _BETA, not _RC.

No idea about 4.1.

> I probably should check out a test build on the TT030
> sometime before each release to make sure my platform keeps working.  =)

Yeah, it's greatly appreciated :-)
---
Izumi Tsutsui