From: "Izumi Tsutsui" <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 11:17 AM
To: <dross00%hotmail.com@localhost>
Cc: <port-atari%NetBSD.org@localhost>; <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>
Subject: Re: Question on the images in /miniroot

dross00%hotmail.com@localhost wrote:

described in my previous mail, the 4.0 kernel locks up on boot after "kbd0 at mainbus0". I'm not sure if this is a TT030-specific kernel bug or what's
going on.  (Perhaps related to Izumi Tsutsui's change here:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-atari/2007/03/oindex.html ???)

Note this MI softintr change is not in the netbsd-4 branch.
(i.e. NetBSD 4.0 doesn't have the change)

There are few major atari specific changes between 3.0 and 4.0,
and I guess one of the most important changes is gcc version.

Could you try these BOOT kernels?

4.0_STABLE BOOT kernel compiled with gcc4 -O (not default -O2)
http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/netbsd-atari-BOOT-20080613a.gz

4.0_STABLE BOOT kernel compiled with gcc3 (from NetBSD 3.0 toolchain)
http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/netbsd-atari-BOOT-20080613b.gz

If both won't work, we have to check more atari specific changes
(which driver sticks).
---
Izumi Tsutsui