Subject: Re: more video out...
To: Steve Woodford <swoodfor@bluews.com>
From: Mark Hayter <mdh@sibyte.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/21/2000 06:50:59
Steve Woodford wrote:

> kbaker3@ic3.ithaca.edu wrote:
> >
> > Anyone know what memory address to tweak to get this sucker outputting
> > video?  I love the bugger...  I just need video out...
>
> Check the port-arm32 mailing list archives from around Dec 1998/Jan 1999.
> Search for the subject "SHARK TV out?", and specifically, the author
> "Mark J. Foster" who did a lot of research on this subject.
>
>         http://mail-index.netbsd.org/
>
> Cheers, Steve

I think Mark used rev 5 sharks, rather than rev 4s. So you might get mode
lines, but probably not much else. The video was changed from a C&T part to
an IGST part (with built in TV deflicker support) between the revs.

I found some routines in sequoia.c in -current that the comments suggest
switch on/off the TV out. Im fairly sure they are rev 4 routines.

Mark