Re: BeagleBone Black doesn't boot without serial console (10.0 release)

Forget about RS-232.

Modern embedded boards are designed to be used with USB to serial
adaptors.

What does "serial" mean here?  All the USB-to-serial devices I've seen
have, I _think_, been RS-232 in everything except the connector
(they're typically DE-9 instead of DB-25).

I think what this refers to is a typical USB to TTL level serial adapter. "USB to serial" does imply RS-232, even though most kids wouldn't think so.

John