Re: Is there a document for setting up Bluetooth on a Raspberry Pi 3B?

Hello Michael,

On Wed, 22 May 2024 05:36:23 -0000 (UTC), mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael
van Elst) wrote:

> christopherhall.hsw%gmail.com@localhost (Christopher Hall) writes:
>
> >As far as I can tell from the source code of btattach the bcmxx-3wire
> >line triggers the firmware upload to the bluetooth chip then tries to
> >connect the "bth5" driver
>
> Indeed.
>

> >so I am wondering if the "bth5" reference in btattach.c needs to be
> >changed to "bthfive".
>
> In btattach.conf:
>
> # Raspberry Pi 3 Bluetooth UART
> bcm43xx-3wire   /dev/dplcom0    921600          -FPi 115200
>
> which in btattach refers to
>
>     {
>         .name = "bcm43xx-3wire",
>         .line = "bth5",
>         .descr = "Broadcom BCM43xx (3-wire)",
>         .init = &init_bcm43xx,
>         .speed = B115200,
>     },
>
> The "line" value then matches
>
> static struct linesw bth5_disc = {
>         .l_name = "bth5",
>         .l_open = bth5open,
>         .l_close = bth5close,
>         .l_read = ttyerrio,
>         .l_write = ttyerrio,
>         .l_ioctl = bth5ioctl,
>         .l_rint = bth5_slip_receive,
>         .l_start = bth5_slip_transmit,
>         .l_modem = ttymodem,
>         .l_poll = ttyerrpoll
> };
>
> the "bth5" line discipline.

I see this code in bluetooth/bth5.c, so I would think that
`strings /netbsd | grep bth5` would detect it, but nothing is output.

I will try to build tools and a generic kernel to see if it that
include the bth5 code.

--
Best Regards.
Christopher Hall.