Re: Which ARM SBC would work well with NetBSD?

On Sun, Mar 5, 2023 at 8:53 AM Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:

> I am in need of an SBC - like the raspberry pi. Ethernet, analog speaker
> output and 2/3 USB ports (2.0 will do) is the requirement. RAM 1G should
> suffice. HDMI output only for configuration and setup. Wifi not required.
>
> I am using one each of RPI2,3,4 for different purposes, RPI2 running
> NetBSD and RPI3,4 running Raspbian.
>
> For a new requirement I can either use one of the RPI models or look for
> others like orange pi, nano pi, banana pi and so on - more out of
> curiosity.
>
> Feedback on any of the low cost SBC devices that you may be using
> successfully with NetBSD will be of great help. Please do share.

I highly recommend the Pine64 devices. I have an A64-LTS, which has
been rock-solid. The RockPro64 is the one with the highest
performance.

All of these are well-supported by NetBSD. I don't know how well
supported the newest generation is, notably the Quartz64.

--
Benny