Re: Device table and Orange Pi (Allwinner H3) boards

Thank you.

I am now thinking the following, and correct me if I am wrong.
If I want to port NetBSD to a new board of the same architecture (say armv7)
then I could take any of the many SD card images, replace 3 files:

kernel-GENERIC.ub - the kernel image that will get booted
kernel7.img - for symbols (??)
Some *.dtb file somwhere but which?

On the card Iam looking at (which runs on my orange pi board) there are a myriad of *.dtb files in the MSDOS partition, some right in the root and a lot in the "dtb" directory.  How does NetBSD decide which to load and use?  A lot of the stuff on the SD card looks like clutter from unrelated systems (odroid, raspberry pi, zynq,...)

Is there a tool somewhere that is used to generate these SD card images?
Perhaps I could answer many of my questions by looking at it