Re: New PCI resource manager vs RPi4 UEFI

On 24/11/22 05:59, Tobias Nygren wrote:

Is there any way to enable use of the olden
configuration ways in a new kernel meanwhile?

I had to disable lpt @ acpi via userconf to get my Xeon to boot current. e.g. "userconf=disable lpt0' in boot.cfg.

The GENERIC kernel had the following configured

	lpt0            at acpi?                # Parallel port
	lpt1            at acpi?                # Parallel port
	lpt*            at acpi?                # Parallel port

and so it took me a little while to work out why my initial attempt at "userconf=disable lpt*" wasn't working.

You might be able to get away with disabling acpipchb* using userconf????

Kind regards,
-Tobias

dmesg diff:

UEFI firmware (version UEFI Firmware v1.33 built at 17:06:11 on Mar  7 2022)
  acpipchb0 at acpi0 (PCI0, PNP0A08): PCI Express Host Bridge
  pci0 at acpipchb0 bus 0
  ppb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0: vendor 14e4 product 2711 (rev. 0x10)
  ppb0: PCI Express capability version 2 <Root Port of PCI-E Root Complex> x1 @ 5.0GT/s