Re: Configuring network after fresh boot to lime2

On Fri, 18 Nov 2022, Mouse wrote:
Are you using the correct cable?  Are you connecting this board to
another computer or to a router (straight vs crossover cable)?.  This
device is gigabit.

If it's gigabit, it's auto-X - as I understand it this is required by
the gigabit spec - in which case straight versus crossover doesn't
matter.

I think that feature is optional, maybe I'm wrong.

The only fixes I know of are to use a gigabit-capable cable or to
administratively restrict at least one end to sub-gigabit speeds.

Yes, that's what I do when I don't need more than 100mb/s to reuse
cable I already have, but with netbsd (at least with the rpi eth)
I had crc errors as I said before. Anyway in this case I use cheap
usb-ethernet RTL8152 100mb/s devices, they work really well in
netbsd.

Going back to the original poster, I don't think this is a dns
issue, from your info you haven't negociated any connection.

Try to manually asign an ip (in your gw network) and ping your gw.

adr