Re: Cannot compile aarch64 kernel from FreeBSD host

Hi!

Reviving this thread because there was no reply other than a private
one from Paul Goyette, and I found another reproducer.

On Sat, May 21, 2022 at 9:41 PM Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> I tried building a kernel for my Pinebook Pro from a FreeBSD host
> (TrueNAS core, to be exact.) Unfortunately, the compiler chokes on
> audiobell.c:
>
>     compile  PBP64/audiobell.o
> /usr/src/sys/dev/audio/audiobell.c:66:2: internal compiler error:
> Illegal instruction
>    66 |  A(        0),
>       |  ^
> no stack trace because unwind library not available
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <http://www.NetBSD.org/support/send-pr.html> for instructions.
> --- audiobell.o ---

I can reproduce this on NetBSD/amd64 by running

./build.sh -j 4 -N 1 -U -u -m evbarm64 tools kernel=GENERIC64

And I am puzzled because this is something that should work. Is "-m
evbarm64" the right value for 64-bit arm? I think so. FWIW, native
compilation works.

--
Benny