Re: raspberrypi-userland on aarch64 (RPI4)?

On Mon, Aug 08, 2022 at 07:29:51AM +0200, Michael van Elst wrote:
> aarch64 means "64bit mode". Maybe you can boot an earmv7hf (32bit)
> system, but you would be limited to 1GB RAM.

I think the note in the docs that started this thread is supposed to mean:

 - install a earmv7hf (32bit) userland
 - but use a aarch64 kernel

which (AFAICT) should work fine, but we don't provide any pre-build images
with that setup.

One of the regular test setups runs this way:

	https://netbsd.org/~martin/aarch64-compat32-atf/

(but not on RPi and not testing any RPi specific userland stuff).
The test results are very close to the simillar i386 userland on amd64:

	https://netbsd.org/~martin/amd64-compat32-atf/

Martin