Re: rust 1.48.0 for 32-bit earmv7hf/9.0

mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst) writes:

> he%NetBSD.org@localhost (Havard Eidnes) writes:
>
>>You get this fix if you run -current after a given point, and if
>>you run recent netbsd-9, via this CHANGES-9.1 entry:
>
>>and I did the build with the MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=3Dno commented out in
>>rust's Makefile, and it used all 4 (virtual) CPUs during the
>>build.
>
> Can you override the MAKE_JOBS_SAFE entry from e.g. mk.conf ? Short
> of an automated "system is recent enough"-test, that would allow
> you to just specify the wanted setting for the system without
> patching pkgsrc.

(all this for post-branch obviously)

It may be time to drop the MAKE_JOBS_SAFE, basically declaring that if
you're running 9, you should have up updated along the branch by now.
This puts the bad behavior and onus to deal on those who have not
updated, and I'd guess few of them are building rust.

The other point is that the preferred bulk build approach is many jobs
and each of them -j1, but I know that 1) doesn't address non-bulk use
and 2) some people do bulk with few jobs and -jN, for various reasons.