Re: _res is not supported for multi-threaded programs.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 07:00:44PM +0900, Jun Ebihara wrote:
> earmv6hf:RPI3B+
> NetBSD rpi 9.99.75 NetBSD 9.99.75 (RPI2) #0
> 202011092220Z on nyftp.
>
> rpi# cvs update -PAd
> _res is not supported for multi-threaded programs.
> cvs [update aborted]: received abort signal
> cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

I think this is ssh fallout from the sqlite changes (everything using sqlite,
which includes everything using kerberos or PAM needs to be linked with
libpthread now).

If you look at the core you'll probably see ssh verification code using
dns lookups.

There was a discussion about hiding sqlite form pkgsrc and making it not
install the shared lib at all, which would allow us to remove threading and
JSON support.

Martin