Re: How to get NetBSD to use a DTB file

On 7/13/20 7:22 PM, Jason Mitchell wrote:
Hello,

    I'm trying to get NetBSD running on two ARM boards from friendlyarm -- the Nanopi R2S, which has 2 ethernet ports and the M4V2, which is just like the M4 except it has LP-DIMM4 memory instead of LP-DIMM3.

   Here's my boot.cfg:

dtb rk3328-nanopi-r2-rev20.dtb
dtb rockchip/rk3328-nanopi-r2-rev20.dtb
dtb dtb/rockchip/rk3328-nanopi-r2-rev20.dtb

    I've also dropped the dtb file into /efi/boot/ on the DOS partition as well as the root of the DOS partition and the NetBSD root.

A big problem with these boards is that they have a default baud rate of 1500000 for the debug port, so I can't enter boot commands directly -- I have to put them in boot.cfg (or somewhere else).

    Thanks for reading!

Replying to myself. I got the DTB files from an armbian image. The boot.cfg is for the NanoPi R2S. I'd also like to know if there's a way in boot.cfg to change the baud rate of the console port so I can see the messages. The boards are booting the kernel from efi/boot/bootaa64.efi as changing netbsd.img on /boot has no effect on the kernel used.