Re: trouble with netbsd-8 on RPI3?

Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> writes:

> I have several RPI3 computers on which I have been running netbsd-8
> built for earmv7hf-el.  They have been stable, doing various things.
>
> Today I installed a build of netbsd-8 update on May 7, onto these
> machines and I am seeing very strange behavior.  They were previously
> running netbsd-8 from about February 15.  I did not update userland.
>
> [tale of massive woe, SIGILL]

(gdb) run -f -d 2 -u named -t /var/chroot/named
Starting program: /usr/sbin/named -f -d 2 -u named -t /var/chroot/named

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
0x652b3bc8 in _armv8_pmull_probe () from /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.12

I have seen something like this before, but can't quite remember why or
how it was resolved.