Re: Issues with installer on 9.0 RC1's rpi_inst.img

Hmm, I should have checked the problem reports first!

On Wed, 2020-01-08 at 19:26 +0000, Luke Ross wrote:

> After configuring the disklabel the installer was unable to write it
> the SD card - the error message show in the installer seemed to just
> be
> the help message for disklabel. I *think* it was because the disk
> type
> it wanted to use ("STORAGE DEVICE" - I'm not sure where this came
> from)
> contains a space and the space wasn't escaped so disklabel saw too
> many
> arguments?

I think this is
https://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=54747
which appears to be fixed in both current and the netbsd-9 branch.

> Lastly, in frustration I tried to delete and recreate the MS-DOS
> partition, which the installer let me configure but when applying it
> crashed because it wanted to run "newfs_msdos" to format the
> partition,
> but this is not present on rpi_inst.img - so the installer bailed
> because the command could not be run.

This is similar to
https://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=53472

Luke