Re: both RPI3&4 bootable Re: 2019-09-28-netbsd9-raspi-aarch64.img

From: Klaus Küchemann <maciphone2%googlemail.com@localhost>
Subject: both RPI3&4 bootable Re: 2019-09-28-netbsd9-raspi-aarch64.img
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 04:25:18 +0200

> Hi Jun,
>> RPI3/RPI3B+: use ld0
>> RPI4:        use ld1

> I have created the uSD with the arm64.img,
> then copied the files from http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/mlelstv/rpi4boot.tgz <http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/mlelstv/rpi4boot.tgz> over it ,
> important is to overwrite config.txt because it tells to boot from
> kernel  netbsd.pi3 OR netbsd.pi4  .
> This same  uSD is bootable as well from RPI3b+ as from RPI4B !

Good!That's what I want.Thanx for testing.

> there`s  nothing you had to to rename on /etc/ftsab or elsewhere,
> it`s ‚automatically‘ detected .
> the SAME filesystem is detected either as ld0(RPI3) OR ld1(RPI4).
> I made a `touch dummy.txt’ on RPI 3 ( ld0),
> booted the same disk on RPI4(ld1) and the ‚dummy.txt‘ is visible on RPI4.
> So no problem now to put brcmfmac43455-sdio.bin in it`s place because the RPI3
> is online .

my testing todo:
- check config=fb can put console message to fb and serial console.
- boot on RPI3
   useradd
   /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
   /etc/rc.conf: add to start wpa_supplicant
   login via ssh
- boot on RPI4
  USB can't work
  but can login via ssh
- check pkgsrc package.
  some binary can't work on aarch64,put pinebook setting.

--
Jun Ebihara