Re: RPI Wifi

On Wed, Sep 04, 2019 at 11:24:09AM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 03, 2019 at 01:04:07PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> > As far as the .txt files, that's an amusing little detail for
> > these devices.  Anyway, I suppose the best thing would simply be
> > to assume that any system that has one of these supports FDT, and
> > that we can query the board model that way so we can find the
> > correct txt file.  Although, sigh, it doesn't look like the files
> > are named regularly-enough for that.
>
> When I tried to boot with just the .bin file, I had a kernel message
> error looking for the .txt file. The .txt filename was known, or just
> s/.bin/.txt/ ?

Both filenames are hardcoded into the driver.

The thing is that there are a few "brcmfmac43430-sdio*txt" files on
https://github.com/RPi-Distro/firmware-nonfree/tree/master/brcm and
what works well on a Raspberry Pi (the file I mentioned before works
for me on both Zero-W and 3B) might not work on some other board with
a Broadcom 43430 chipset.

  Harold