Re: RPI Wifi

> On Sep 3, 2019, at 12:50 PM, Michael van Elst <mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost> wrote:
>
>> Are you going to be checking the firmware files into src/external/broadcom/bwfm/dist ?
>
> The files are on github, we may also need to find out how to handle the
> possible config files (".txt" files).

Well, sure, but they need to be installed on the system in order to use them, and we bundle the other bwfm images.

As far as the .txt files, that's an amusing little detail for these devices.  Anyway, I suppose the best thing would simply be to assume that any system that has one of these supports FDT, and that we can query the board model that way so we can find the correct txt file.  Although, sigh, it doesn't look like the files are named regularly-enough for that.

So perhaps this is a place to use device_register() to set a property to override the default .txt file name for the particular chip with a board-specific name (and let the sordid logic for that live in platform-specific code... yuck, but maybe the best way forward for now).

-- thorpej