Re: NetBSD-current Time issues on RPI3

On 04/05/2019 23:22, Sad Clouds wrote:
On Sat, 4 May 2019 18:05:58 -0000 (UTC)
mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst) wrote:

cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost (Sad Clouds) writes:

Linux uses the RPI specific timers in 64bit mode, but FreeBSD uses
GTMR. Someone should find out if FreeBSD has the same issues...

How would this help? Are you thinking of porting FreeBSD
implementation and also, what's the advantage of using generic timer
vs RPI?

If FreeBSD has the same issues, it's probably a hardware bug. If not,
something is randomly trashing the system timer, and we need to
identify what it is.

Well, I got FreeBSD running and I've been building ports for a few
hours now and not seen any issues. Looks like not a hardware bug but
a NetBSD one. I can help with debugging if anyone can give ideas on
where to look.

Does latest HEAD work any better? There was a gtmr driver change
recently that might help.

Thanks,
Nick