Re: Cortex-A9 boot problems with d-cache on Zynq

Nick Hudson <nick.hudson%gmx.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

>>> I'll commit something to sys/arch/arm/xilinx so the FDTisation can
>>> happen without breaking existing kernels
>>
>> I don't feel that we should break an existing port, even if it is only
>> for a short time.
>>
>> If you are proposing to write a clock/reset driver then great.
>>
>> I think it would be good to keep a separate PARALLELLA config even after
>> the xilinx code is using FDT so that we don't need to update u-boot.
>
>Sorry if I wasn’t clear. The point of the new directory is to keep the
>PARALLELLA (and other) config working

Not sure I see the point, if someone writes a clock/reset driver then
we can switch over to using FDT for all Zynq boards.

Your changes to the startup code mean that the old u-boot in flash on
the Parallella works fine, maybe just link at a different address to
GENERIC.