Re: Bananapi Pro Install

That was it! For some reason I connected invisible.ca with the Pinebook only. I downloaded and install the bananapi image and I am up and running!

origen$ uname -a
NetBSD origen 8.99.41 NetBSD 8.99.41 (GENERIC) #0: Sun May 19 19:06:53 UTC 2019  mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/evbarm/compile/GENERIC evbarm

Now to setup pkgin and point to the repo. I'll be using this as a file server, replacing an old power-hungry PC, provided the external SATA connector works.
Thank you very much.

On 5/20/19, 5:07 PM, "Greg Troxel" <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

    Ron Georgia <netverbs%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

    > I am having problems with NetBSD 8.0 install to my Bananapi Pro. I
    > downloaded arm7.img and dd to microSD card. I then did the dd seek=8
    > thing for u-boot found at
    > /usr/pkg/share/u-boot/bananapi/u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin. When I power
    > it up I do see the little penguin logo and it looks like it starts to
    > boot but then it stops with this error (printed many times):

    I have no bananapi experience, but one of the NetBSD developers has been
    providing board-specific images.  I gather a fair bit of this has been
    folded into NetBSD proper, but that probably means -current, not 8.0.

    https://www.invisible.ca/arm/

    You might also try -current, unless you really need the stability of 8.
    But then again, -current may be more stable.

    Probably someone with actual bananapi clue will speak up.