Re: RPI3 Model B+ support

Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> When you say it doesn't work, what exactly do you mean?

I meant it doesn't successfully even load the kernel - but since you get
that far, at least, that may be working better these days.  :)

> I've downloaded the "Generic 64-bit image" from your link,
> NetBSD-evbarm-aarch64-201902251640Z-generic.img.gz, but kernel panics
> in the same way.

OK, the kernel in there is two weeks or so younger than the one I'm
running, so I guess something bad may have happened in the interval --
unless you've got hardware trouble...  What kind of power supply do you
have?  I thought for sure I had a bad Pi3B+ board until someone told me
to get a real 3A power supply, to replace the random 2A wall wart I was
running it off.  Sure enough, reliable power at the right voltage did
the trick.

> Have you tried those download images on your board and do you know if
> they actually work?

Nope.  I originally booted off one of Jared's images at invisible.ca,
and have upgraded the kernel and userland from source since then.

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay