Re: pinebook status update (20190122)

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 06:08:17AM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> You're not wrong, but lack of up to date info on how-to or scripts
> that actually build images that can be blasted to media is an annoying
> problem.  The requirements (and occasional bits of magic) are different
> for the different SoCs.

Yes indeed, how to put u-boot on a machine is tricky (and sometimes requires
vendor tools).

The other part is simple though:

 - you create a msdos partition for EFI (our images use 80 MB, which is plenty)
 - on that partition you create EFI/BOOT and put /usr/mdec/bootaa64.efi there,
   and copy the full dtb tree (easiest to grab from a full image) there.
 - you create a NetBSD partition for the rest of the SD / eMMC, extract
   all wanted sets and don't forget to
	cd dev && sh MAKEDEV all

Then reboot and it all should work.

Martin