Re: Device Tree sources

Jason Thorpe <thorpej%me.com@localhost> wrote:
>> On Dec 1, 2018, at 7:13 AM, Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
>>

>> Is there a plan to follow for updating dts files ?
>
>src/sys/external/gpl2/dts/dts2netbsd
>
>Comment at the top:
>
># dts2netbsd:  prepare the dts source files and headers for import into the
># netbsd dts source tree, under src/sys/external/gpl2/dts/dist,
># based on the other *2netbsd scripts in the NetBSD source tree

That doesn't tell me whether it is a good idea to re-import the whole
set of dts files right now.

I don't have examples of every evbarm system that we support so wouldn't
be able to test much.

I can see conflicts just in the bits that I'm currently looking at.

For example, the sunxi_sramc driver currently checks for one compatible
string, this string has changed in the latest Linux tree. The driver
would build fine but wouldn't attach at boot time.

Robert Swindells