Re: How to specify userconf kernel options on armv7

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 06:47:04PM +0200, Martin Neitzel wrote:
> For both the interactive or file-based tuning, you need to to
> have the userconf(4) option in your kernel.  (It's GENERIC on
> i368/amd64 and most platforms, I don't know for sure about evbarm,
> though.)

As per evbarm/conf/GENERIC.common it is commented.

Probably it's better to build kernel. But I am unclear about where to copy
the binary. See below.

> You can probably check you kernel with
>
> 	config -x /kernel

Is there any way to know which binary the kernel is from? Things on evbarm
look quite different from i386/amd64. Could not see kernel in /. There are
a no of candidate files in /boot, not sure which one is running.

Files like /boot.cfg are not seen either. /boot/cmdline.txt has some
configurability, but it's not well documented.

Mayuresh