Re: How to install the new kernel image?

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 06:40:05PM +0100, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:
> Harold Gutch <logix%foobar.franken.de@localhost> writes:
>
> > Nick explained that in a mail on Dec 10 with the subject "Heads-up:
> > RPI FDTisation committed".  In short, you're missing the .dtb files,
> > you need to copy those over to the FAT partition too.
>
> Thanks -- I'd missed that.  Still, it didn't actually make any
> difference.  I just copied them as-is into /boot .

That should work, yes.  Have you double-checked if you *really* copied
the .img over and didn't accidentally copy the .bin to
/boot/kernel.img?  I got rainbow screens with a (non-stock) filesystem
image while surprisingly the official rpi.img worked - until I later
realized that I had copied the .bin to /boot/kernel.img instead of
netbsd.img.  I think neither has a header so I'm not sure if there is
a straight-forward way of telling if a given file is a .bin or an .img.

  Harold